04 mayo 2006

THE THREE MOST PROFOUND IDEAS I HAVE EVER HAD

[Peter Kreeft is a professor of Philosophy at Boston College and The King's College, and author of many books. He is a regular contributor to several Christian publications, is in wide demand as a speaker at conferences, and is the author of over 40 books including:

This book provides a firm basis for defending Christianity by offering a wide range of reasons for belief. It is aimed at both believers and non-believers alike. Its goal is to help believers defend their faith and to help non-believers see the reasonableness of believing in Christianity.

Kreeft clearly, concisely, and charitably explains various doctrines of the Faith. He looks at the arguments for the existence of God, looks at the creeds, the Our Father line by line with great explanations, the last things, the Trinity, and many other things. Each essay is 10-20 pages long and eminently readable in short bits of time. For a great explanation of what C.S. Lewis called "Mere Christianity", read this book.


Peter K. speaks in the text that now we publish of three ideas that have left a deep trace in his life: Ideas are more precious than diamonds. The three most precious ideas I have ever discovered all concern the love of God.
None of them is original. But every one is revolutionary. None of them came from me. But all of them came to me with sudden force and fire: the "aha!" experience, the "eureka!" experience. They were all realizations, not just beliefs. (from The God Who Loves You)]

#303 Varios Categoria-Varios: Etica y Antropologia

by Peter Kreeft



1. There Is Only "One Thing Necessary."

The first happened when I was about six or seven, I think. It was the first important conscious discovery I ever made, and I don't think I have ever had a more mature or wiser thought than that one. I remember to this day exactly where I was when it hit me: riding north on Haledon Avenue between Sixth and Seventh Streets in Paterson, New Jersey after Sunday morning church with my parents. Isn't it remarkable how we remember exactly where we were when great events happen that change our lives?



(more)